come and follow me!

Friday 22 March 2013

tutorial of newspaper nails!

Hello my lovelies.  I am here today to show you guys a lil tutorial I have made...I am showing you today how to do newspaper nail art nails!.  This is a super fun and super easy design to do.  I have decided not to do the standard English newspaper writing...I have been dying to do some different style newspaper nails and the lovely Daisy Lee from Born Pretty sent me some clippings of her foreign paper...bless you Daisy, I really appreciate it!  So without further ado here s my little tutorial for you guys. 
select your newspaper you want to use and cut up into squares...like so
pour some alchol into a dappen dish

I painted my nails in OPI My boyfriend scales the walls.....PERFECT colour for this as it isnt a stark white , most papers are light grey so this is perfect as it has grey undertones.  PLEASE NOTE you need to do this design when nails are still a bit sticky.....not really wet and defo not dry.....




Take the square of newspaper and dip it into the vodka for approx 10 seconds
Place the wet paper over the nails and press firmly down, whilst pressing down firmly roll the  finger over the paper...taking care to get all of the nail pressed.

remove the paper and this is what you should be left with!

easy peasy!
Topcoating your nails is very important ...it protects your manicure!

I used Northern Lights Silver Holo Topcoat for a little added sparkle...it doesn't show a great deal on my camera but it is there!
 I hope you guys have found this hepful...if you have any questions....let me know xxxxx

8 comments:

  1. Brilliant tutorial!! I really love that you used foreign paper. Makes it look so much more interesting xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you char my little angel, you are a sweetheart xxxxx

      Delete
  2. I love newspaper nails. I want to give it a try but I prefer international paper. Do you know where I can get some? I'm in the US :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello there my lovely, I am not to sure where you can get some, as I say daisy from born pretty sent me it after I asked her because I couldn't find it anywhere! I am from the UK and would happily send you some from here but I don't know if it would be any good for you as it is still in English. If you want me to send you some then just drop me a line xxxx

      Delete
  3. Good Jobbbbbbbbbbb!!!!! xxxx :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of my favourite techniques! I've never tried it with chinnese letters it looks nice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much roxy, I also loved it using this paper, it makes it much more different xxxxx

      Delete